How To Pray
HOW DO WE PRAY FOR ONE ANOTHER?
- Confess sin and let the blood of Jesus cleanse. Prayer must flow from a cleansed vessel. Psalm 66:18, “If I regard iniquity in my heart the Lord will not hear me.”
- Pray fervently to be led by the Holy Spirit to the exact needs of the one for whom you ARE praying.
- Be specific, systematic, and steadfast in praying for others.
- Agree in prayer with others, the “two or three” of Matt. 18:19-20.
- Learn to saturate a situation or problem with prayer.
- Pray with the authority you have in Christ to bind the power of Satan. (Matthew 18:18, Mark 3:27).
- Pray for others as you pray for yourself. Any problem you have others probably have, even if in a slightly different form.
Use a passage of Scripture as you pray for others. Here are some suggestions: Ephesians 1:15-23; Colossians 1:9-12; Ephesians 3:14-21.
(Use Scripture also in praying for yourself.)