How To Pray
HOW DO YOU PRAY FOR MISSIONARIES?
- Be specific, systematic, and steadfast.
- Agree in prayer with others. Matthew 18:19-20.
- Practice saturation praying-covering many aspects with many brief requests.
- Pray as for yourself. Any problem you have, the missionary may also have, but it will be magnified by his situation and circumstances.
- Pray with the authority you have in Christ, and bind the strong man. Matthew 18:18, Mark 3:27.
- Try using a passage of Scripture when you are praying for your missionary, such as Ephesians 1:15-23, Colossians 1:9-14, or Ephesians 3:16-21.
"Someone has said: 'Better, far better, do less work, if need be, in order that we may pray more; because work done by the rushing torrent of human energy will not save a single soul: whereas work done in vital and unbroken contact with the living God will tell for all eternity.' No doubt, we would all heartily agree with this-the trouble, of course, is to actually put it into practice."